Sunday, February 5, 2012

Forgiveness

Matthew 18:21-22
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord,
how oft shall my brother sin against me,
 and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him,
 I say not unto thee, Until seven times:
 but, Until seventy times seven.

Forgiveness for me is something that I struggle with daily. From the little things, such as someone stepping on my toes to the bigger, more hurtful, harder to forgive things. This verse really speaks to me. I find myself often in the same "boat" or so to say as Peter. I find myself saying to myself "I forgave such and such for doing this particularly hurtful thing to me already twice so if they do that same thing again I will now forgive them." But that is the exact opposite of what Jesus Christ instructs us to do. Not only are we to forgive others but we are to forgive them no matter what. "I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven." We are to forgive many times not just once or twice. It is only with Gods help though that we can forgive others fully. I myself am going to try my hardest to work on forgiving others easier and not holding those terrible things they call "grudges". I urge you to do the same.
Jessemily


No comments:

Post a Comment