Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting To Know Me

     So..I figured I would introduce myself. I'm really bad at introducing myself and I often ramble so excuse any rambling on my part! My name is Jessemily, most people call me Jesse though. I am the oldest of my fathers children but the seventh born in my family. My mother was married once had six children and then divorced, remarried and then had me and my twin brothers! So were all one big happy family!
     As far as my religious beliefs go I would say that I am an old-fashioned minded christian! I try to dress modestly all of the time. I wear skirts and dresses most of the time but I will wear pants. I also cover in accordance to 1 Corinthians 11:1-15. My beliefs are that Paul is talking about a separate head covering, hes not talking about a woman's hair. I cover mainly with wide headbands at the moment although I do love the look of veils. I'll certainly be covering this topic in much more depth as time goes by.
     Some of my favorite things to do are bake, sew, quilt, crochet, read and garden. As of now we have two big vegetable gardens that were hoping to get completely planted soon. My mother taught me how to crochet, however she can't read crocheting patterns whereas I can. I'll read almost anything! I love to read, but my favorite thing to read other then the Bible is historical fiction. I love to bake and cook. As long as I have a recipe in front of me I can make almost anything, well except for cookies..I always burn cookies! I'm working on a baby quilt at the moment to put in my hope chest for future use. I'm very lucky as well because my mother knows how to sew so shes been teaching me very very slowly! She wants me to REALLY know how to sew. My lifelong dream is to be a seamstress, well I want to be a mother and wife first, but then I want to be a seamstress.
     My ultimate goal for this blog is to help me to express myself. Right now I'm going through a really emotional time and I find that writing about it helps a lot. So some posts will be WAY off topic, but I do know that my blogging journey will be a lot of fun! Oh and by the way I don't have pictures up on my blog yet..but I will soon. I just have to get some camera problems fixed and then I'll be posting pictures!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a fab first post! Your life sounds so interesting - a lot of material for a varied blog!

    Looking forward to seeing this blog develop!

    ReplyDelete